Following a car accident that has caused serious injuries, you would want someone to protect your rights and interests as you recuperate back to health. Insurance companies would like to reduce their financial liability, and therefore, insurance adjusters cannot be trusted for their advice or offer. Colorado follows the ‘comparative fault’ rule, so if you had a role in the accident, you will not receive the same compensation as you may have deserved otherwise. You need an experienced Pueblo car accident lawyer, and in this post, we are sharing more on how to hire one.
- Free initial consultation. It is absolutely important to find a car accident lawyer who is ready to listen to you. At most law firms, the first consultation is usually free, and you can get a fair idea of what you expect from the lawyer and your claim.
- Experience. Not all personal injury lawyers are experienced with car accident claims, so this is a valid aspect worth discussing. Ask the lawyer if they have handled cases similar to yours, and check some of their top cases and settlement claims.
- Get references. If a car accident lawyer claims to be among the best in Pueblo and rest of Colorado, they will have enough clients. Ask for references and ensure that your lawyer is known and reliable.
- Fee. Most attorneys work on a contingency basis for car accident claims, where they charge a part of the compensation as their fee. Discuss the costs of the case, such as court expenses and their fee, so that the fight is worth it.
- Communication. Check if the car accident lawyer is available for your queries. Clear communication is one of the key factors that differentiates one lawyer from another. Check if the concerned lawyer takes interest in your case and is open to talking further.
- Reviews. Beyond reviews, you have to check what other clients have to say about a personal injury lawyer. Check if they have good reviews and if they can be trusted for the work they do.
- Courtroom confidence. Almost 90% of all car accident-related claims and lawsuits are settled outside of court. However, there is always a chance that things may end up in court, and your car accident lawyer should have experience of that, as well.
Check online now for top lawyers in Colorado and ask for an appointment in person. Allow your lawyer to take over, because the sooner you act, the better are your chances of getting a fair compensation.