Looking for automation of on-site requests for the products or services? Not a problem, any type of business can turn to the application of field management app. It perfectly streamlines various work-related processes and lets field technicians along with the company itself meet the requirements of any customers. When applying this software, users may find an assistant in the following field service jobs:
- Repairing operations involving HVAC jobs or, for example, plumbing services;
- Maintenance tasks such as annual machinery and air-conditioning servicing;
- Installation works connected with different purifiers;
- On-site jobs such as working safety compliance, etc.
The main task of such service management software remains the efficient delivering of services and clients’ satisfaction.
What Is Field Service Management Software for Small Business?
This kind of program is aimed to help companies to monitor, track, keep a record, and complete work-related orders. But, there is no single definition as with a one-task soft. It can be considered as a set of tools or a mixture of helpful business solutions. For instance, when a potential buyer wants to know the extra tasks software can cope with, there should be the next options:
- Customer relationship management. Even though such management can be found as a free-standing system, some service business management software lets users whether integrate it with or build in CRM as an extra feature. It helps businesses to manage customers’ data and even to organize plenty of marketing/sales campaigns.
- Order management. Do not forget that the main users should have a full picture of the status of jobs. Thus, if there are any delays, they can contact field service technicians, and solve the problems.
- Ticket management. Such a feature stands for creating and managing clients’ requests only. For example, there may be a drag and drop interface that will allow allocating field workers per each client’s request.
- Scheduling tools. Track time, and monitor how much time one field worker spends on accomplishing one task.
When a person asks the vendor of software about these options, he may additionally find out about the scalability factor. It deals with enlarging the number of users, and clients’ databases. For example, if a small business has an intention to enlarge the assets, the field management app should accommodate such changes. By the way, it is also advisable to ask about integration with routing software for small business because it will beneficially contribute to adjusting the routes for each field driver. Field service management software helps to understand real-time traffic situations, so one company will deliver the services much faster if talking about the competitors.
What Are the Types of field service management software?
In the process of looking for compatible with one business software, a person should also understand their types that are presented in the online market. As of now, there are two of them, commercial and residential ones. The first is mainly aimed to help businesses that have a big flow of customers, and accordingly, there is a huge money turnover. For instance, it refers to companies that deal with industrial jobs or machinery repair services.
The second one is perfect for field jobs in residential areas and properties. It will concern pest control or electrical installation companies.
Keep in mind, it is not a rare event when some field service management software for small business may cater to both types. But, the price will be relatively higher.
How to Choose the Deployment Type?
Service management software is presented in two deployment types. So, when a seeker does not know what type to choose before purchase, a vendor will explain the best solution. Otherwise, check how they differ.
On-premise deployment fits the best for businesses that have a separate staff to manage IT equipment. A regular user will be puzzled with options and continuous updating measures. Then, another distinction that is has one-time billing, usually, users pay for an annual plan. But, there are possible expenses on the installation of extra hardware. On the other hand, to fix the bugs, it is free of charge service.
Cloud-based deployment of service business management software is the best solution for people who do not want to pay over the nose and get a perfect mixture of features and capabilities. It is hosted on the vendor’s server and can be easily accessed from the web browser. The price is usually generated per month basis. And, some cloud-based field service management software offer free-standing mobile applications that will allow field technicians to make notes and even accept online payments from the customers.
Let’s conclude. When a person wants his field services to bring profit, it is necessary to apply field service management software that should be better with cloud-based deployment like managemart, with scheduling options, with a free trial of a minimum of one week, and with a dedicated mobile application that will allow field technicians to work while on the go.
Beware, as far as there are plenty of vendors with 90% off sales for such programs, most of them are rogue representatives. Check for a license, and read feedback online. Manage your on-site works only by trusting the best distributors.